About Me

My photo
Biography is either masked ball or epitaph. As you find me, so we are.

Monday 6 February 2012

Coverture

Love and marriage, love and marriage,
Go together like a horse and carriage.
The first evolved to gallop free,
The second made to shackle thee.

Spring Valentines and plush pink toys
Sing codes for girls, bring rules for boys.
Yet band of gold and pure white dress
Cannot contain this Heart’s caress.

He dagger drawn of puffed out chest,
She mattress form with plumped up breast.
How cheap this ditty surrogate
Jars harmony so consummate.

Thus social norms of manmade lies
Desire restrains, constrains the wise,
The ups and downs and lows and highs
And hopes and fears and moans and sighs and deathly dreams and needs arise and looking deeply in your eyes until the self dissolves and dies upon the breath of swift surmise and ‘neath the shortness of surprise and how time flows and when time flies and you and we and me and ‘I’s then  softly speak of by and bys redeemed in sweet and Sapphic cries within all madness cheers and tries and oh the lips and lo the thighs and no the ‘me’s and so the ‘my’s and why oh why oh why oh whys

No comments:

Post a Comment