About Me

My photo
Biography is either masked ball or epitaph. As you find me, so we are.

Saturday 7 April 2012

Half-baked

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake baker Sam,
Bake me a cake as fast as you can.
Pat it and prick it and mark it with ‘good’,
Then portion it up like your book says we should.
The best that can be? Well, make no mistake,
The compass is turning, so let them eat cake!
It seems to have missed what the chess player knows;
You get fewer moves when material goes.
Morality’s cake shop? I don't think I'll risk it -
The cost of a gâteau is more than a biscuit.
To share out a pie then you need some left over,
Not just the dropped crumbs of a fat global rover.
Appliance of science? A washing machine
Is not gonna calculate what counts as mean.
Obeying Sam’s mantra on that Golden Rule,
Let’s give him a spank and then call him a fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment